September 10, 2009

It's My Birthday and I'll Blog If I Want To!

Birthdays for me have never been anything exciting. I'm still trying to remove the mental scars from when I was younger and got Hungry Hippo's instead of a PS2 that I wanted.


Today I turned 19. Quite a dissapointing age really. Last year was a biggie, a milestone almost. Last year was my official start to adult life... this year its just not exciting, nor is it big. One thing I can say is that its my last official year as a teenager, which is both a good and bad thing. The optimist in me says it will be the end to my mood swings, the end of bad skin and worrying too much about how I look, the realist in me says i'll be having and worrying about those things for a lifetime, the pessimist says i'm just getting older and soon enough my childhood will be so distant I won't remember it, and also that i'm simply another year closer to wrinkles and death. Yey!

So, today I did nothing exciting, newsworthy or even what can be considered a celebration as such. I went to my grandparents, we went to McD's (I know, glam eh?) and then I helped my grandad get his study back together. Is this a sign of being more grown up? If so, give me a time machine so I can be youthful again. Grant me that wish will ya?

Tomorrow however I'm going out and celebrating in a way which is more sticking with the status quo. I'm going on a piss up. I don't really enjoy drinking, I really don't, however much of a lie that may seem. I don't really enjoy going out and drinking should I say. I don't mind when i'm indoors, nice and warm, with a few friends and a nice DVD or some music in the background, but I really dislike social drinking in nightclubs or wherever else. There are a few reasons. I always seem to be the person that attracts knobheads, I get insulted and looked at menacingly... Its just not pleasent. This is not to say I won't enjoy it, I may, I have done in the past, but there is always that doubt with me.

Before I seem to be having my neg-head on (Oh, I just made up a word!), I did enjoy today. I spent it with some of my family, and what more can I hope for when soon they will not be in my life as often with the big move to University. I've been spending as much time as I can get with them, because I know soon I will probably be wanting to see them and not have the chance as i'm at the other side of the country. As well as that, i'll be missing out on some important and possibly life changing events. I will miss out on the birth of my first niece or nephew, I'll not be here to know if my Grandad come out okay after a pretty huge operation. Big things really, to me anyway.

Okay, I do have my neg-head on today a little, and I apologise, but I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to wish me a happy birthday. I really have appreciated the thought, be it on Twitter or in real life, through text, email or on the phone. They have all meant alot to me. So thank you.

Right, I must be off. I'm going for a small walk with a friend of mine. Another one of my 'Spend as much time as I can while I can' events. Again, not newsworthy, but perfect all the same.

Bye for now.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment