October 11, 2009

Up, Up, and Away

Soundtrack: All The Big Trees - Riceboy Sleeps

For the first time, or rather the first time in a while since getting to University, I am missing my family and home. I have no idea why today of all days I am missing them, but it started a little last night and seemingly for no reason. I was just sat in the local pub having a few pints after shopping and the cinema, and it hit me, and I can't shake it today.

Its like we are worlds apart, not physically but in the heart and mind. I don't see them, obviously, I only hear little bits of news and the odd phone call, and I feel like i'm missing it all, or rather missing being there for the simple things. I feel more like a stranger everytime contact happens. I guess its natural to feel like this, for some anyway.

In other news, I went to see UP yesterday which was fantastic. Must admit I shed a slight tear too. Its fantastic and I cannot recommend it enough to people! I saw it in 3D too, which was strange because I think Pixar really know how to use it not as a gimmick, but as something that simply makes the experience more real. I am yet to see a live action 3D but I do wonder how it would differ from the animation side of things, which is all I have seen so far.

Anyway, onwards and upwards ;)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment