I started my first proper assignment yesterday. Basically we have to write a 5 page script, in three drafts, and the script must include a set of variables such as how many characters must be in it, the age of the main character, the title of the screenplay, genre and time it is set in.
Its great to finally get something to work on as so far in my three weeks at university I have done very little but introductions and inductions, which although needed are rather dull and not what I came to do. This assignment both excites me and kind of makes me feel a little uneasy, if only because I will be writing in a very closed form. The variables set a boundary that I cannot cross, and although they are not all that limiting they are not exactly within what I normally like to write, which is more realist or experimental.
However, after researching last night I found some amazing things which I could incorporate into my storyline, which I can really go to town on so to speak. The problem again is cutting the whole thing down into a 5 page script, which translates on screen to about 5 mins. This is a hurdle I have to overcome as I find my problem, as on here, is that I write far too much when often a few sentences can cover the same thing. Condemn a guy for doing too much, haha.
So yes, I finally have work, and it feels good. Oh, one more slight issue, there is too much time to do this task in. There is about a month to get this done in, which is far too much time really, but it is the first year and I suppose I shouldn't moan too much, I am loving it though, very much so.
'With a song in our hearts we play endlessly'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment