So, I didn't sleep. Its the normal state of play that happens when all I want to do is turn myself off and all the mind wants to do is turn itself on. I wouldn't have minded but today will be a busy day, and I shall be tired and probably moody, or over-active as is also normally the state of play when I'm tired. I call it 'sleep stoned'. A fitting name I think.
The problem is I have so much whizzing through my head at great speeds that I can't turn it off. It's like an explosion in my mind, just things hurtling through it, all crashing into multi-coloured sparks. I close my eyes but there are images there, crystal clear and seemingly real.
I wish I could remember what it was like to have a real sleeping pattern. Up at a certain time and down another, day after day for weeks on end. Try all I can I have failed time and time again, and every time I give in that little bit more. I think the last time I had a pattern was when I was around 9 years old, not out of fault of trying, my mum tried, but I couldn't sleep at a normal time.
I guess I would be fine sleeping if I could sleep in the day. I always have no problem sleeping through the day, being awake at night. No idea why, it just feels... happens... is.
And so its almost 06:40am and sleep is not on the agenda now as soon enough I shall be on my way to University. I see this as a regular thing, it was the same with school, and college... why would it stop now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment