December 31, 2009

Dearest,

Well... 2010 is almost upon us. A new year. A new decade.

It's rather a strange and almost unimaginable thought to think at the beginning of this decade I was yet to experience secondary school, puberty, college, University, a global recession, war. Not known of bands/artists who have helped me through many a tough time, watched films which would inspire me, read literature which would show me the world in a new light and see art which would make me think differently.

It's almost amazing to think how much I would have learnt, done, seen and experienced. The friends I would make, the ones I would lose, the people I would love, to think relatives who seemed immortal would die, that the world around me would fall and build itself back up again.

In one decade from the age of 10 to 19, as I think back now, it's amazing how much I have grown, as a person, how much things have changed both in my self and around me.

I suck at having resolutions. I either forget or simply fail. Therefore, I will simply see how things go in this new decade. Take one step at a time, but only try and make those steps one closer to an overall goal. To be happy, whatever happiness will be to me then. If in ten years time I can say I am happy, I will have acheived something.

We shall see dear friend... we shall see.

I wish you all the best and the next blog will be in 2010, Until then... goodnight.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment