So tomorrow is the day I get to go back home for Christmas.
It has been a rather strange rollercoaster ride since September and since the move to University. Major ups and extreme downs, new people, a new town, a new educational atmosphere to get used to... but all in all its been a really great life experience, where I have learnt so much, be that the good things or bad things about myself or life in general.
I’ve learnt that I can move and be independent without too much struggle, and although this aspect has been quite hard I have gotten used to it and moved onwards and upwards. I have learnt even further that the career I have dreamed of since I was 9-10 is still at the top of my list, that I can meet new people, make new friends and be put in environments I would have previously been fearful of entering.
I have also learnt sometimes things go wrong, be it friendships, projects, organisation or lack thereof, decisions... but that from all the wrongs you can make a right, grow and learn, move on.
I guess I have grown in ways I didn’t think possible. Although I have not made the most of this experience so far, or changed in ways I wanted or would have hoped for, and although it’s not all been what I would have thought or even expected... It’s been something new and a change, and change is better than the familiar sometimes.
So, homeward bound I will be. Back to the people who I have learnt mean the world to me despite what I previously thought. Back to that familiar little place I will always call home. Just back where I need to be for the time being, where my heart belongs... home.
In January I will be back here, and I hope to be back on top of myself and my dreams. And I will be, of that I am sure.
x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment