Before I go any furthur... Thank you for those who commented on my last blog. I only just saw them and have this moderation thing on which means I have to check them before they go up, so thank you and sorry for the delay in getting them up! I'll keep checking in future.
On Monday I began shooting a music video for 'Oblivion' by Patrick Wolf. This isn't an official thing (which I may have stated previous somewhere on the internet) but a project, though I got permission to use it.
It's been loads of fun! I've had my directors head on and hopefully have not pissed people off too much, though everyone seems to be enjoying it. So, the Monday was day one of a two day shoot. In a last moment state of panic about a location on the day, me and the cameraman went in search of a new place. Basically, we wanted a forest, but the one we had initially planned to used wasn't really... foresty... so after an hour or so looking, we found a nice little dense population of trees.
Thus began the running.
The basic idea I came up with concept wise is the guy trying to run from his demons, his depression, as well as having an under-lying concept of a spiritual battle and a questioning of beliefs. The guy starts off fearless, loses the will and turns his gun on himself, but is saved by a voice of hope, a guardian angel, who spurs him on to carry on after coming so far.
The shoot involved lots of running, crawling through mud and lots of screaming... on the actors part. I was of course, stood in 2 jackets and a coat, while he was freezing his bollocks off in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. It's a tough life.
So day one went well despite changing light and weather conditions, but everything that was on my shot list had a tick next to it.
Day two and it's all interior scenes. No mud. No cold. No wind. Constant coffee. Indeed.
Didn't last long at all, but what we got was pretty good.
Yesterday me and the editor started editing, and it seems we have too much footage, and none of it is really bad. I'm quite surprised how well this shoot has been because although I knew what was needed, I did worry that it wouldn't be anywhere close to what I imagined and wanted it to be, and it's turning out to be quite close (aside from a few things that we probably wouldn't be able to do without a big budget, but I can dream).
So yeah. Day two begins today... and I have a feeling a full rough cut will be done, leaving Friday to clean up the shots, color correct everything and add some effects and stuff.
Phew. That was longer than expected.
Now to go get more coffee and begin making myself look somewhat more beautiful than the ugly mess I am now, which is a hard task and rarely pays off, but its the thought that counts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment