This is a time when couples truly show their love for each other by buying chocolate, flowers, possibly going for a romantic meal or to the cinema, followed by hot and steamy passionate sex… or so us single people are led to believe by the adverts, movies and pretty much the general population who is lucky enough to have a partner.
As normal, I don’t have a soul to share my heart with, but in fairness it’s been this way for months and so one more day isn’t any more tragic to in my heart. This day will pass, and it will be the same after.
In fairness, I don’t put enough effort into meeting someone who can be anything more than a friend, and I even suck at that quite a bit, so it’s probably my own fault. I don’t quite know what I expect… a romantic meeting and instant love that will battle the forces of darkness like the Disney movies have me believe or possibly something more classical like Romeo and Juliet (without the Juliet of course) where our love is so strong we are willing to die for it.
In reality, none look likely, and not any time in the near future either. I am a single pringle in a cardboard tube, and it looks like the lid is staying on a while longer.
No hard feelings though… literally.

I’m only 19, I have a life ahead of me (unless I die in my sleep tonight of a broken heart). No, but really… I guess I’m past caring and this feeling sorry myself is simply a fart in the wind… it will pass pretty quickly.
On the bright side, I get to save money and can say I didn’t fall for the barrage of marketing which this day throws at people for weeks on end… not through choice I admit, but still, Tesco won’t be getting no extra cash from me!
I shall now retire to my bed, where I will use it for it’s sole purpose… sleep. I know there are probably millions of horny people getting their rocks off right now, probably many a baby will be conceived (most of which probably will be killed off pretty soon when the beer goggles and passion wear off) but I can honestly, hand on heart, tell you I am so tired right now that even if I had the chance for a bit of a paddle on the saddle, the batteries would probably need changing/charging first.
Speaking of which… Infact… no…
Night all. Have a good day either side of the spectrum.
x JH
No comments:
Post a Comment