January 5, 2010

A public letter to Vodafone

Dear Vodafone,

A while ago I took out a contract for your Mobile Broadband. You see, I didn't have the internet and this new technology which meant I could plug and play and be connected to this wonderful world really made sense to me. I was taken in by the promise of broadband speeds, the best mobile broadband on the market and all for £18 a month. It sounded a winner.

Upon getting the dongle (which may I say is a stupid name for this device) I realised it was going slower than I expected. It took forever to load a page, I couldn't send pictures in emails because it wouldn't cope and would just turn off, God forbid I wanted to download a song or watch a video... But I thought I would give it a chance and see if it got better. It didn't.

I tried to return the device, claiming that you had ripped me off and sold me this item under false promises, but I couldn't because I had gone over the time period in which I could return it and get the contract cut, so you told me that I either keep it or pay off the rest of the contract.

This of course led to me keeping it. I certainly wasn't going to pay for this shit and not actually have it. So I have endured with it. Painfully endured. Its cost me a lot for something which shouldn't even be given away free, it's that terrible and painfully bad.

A few months ago enough was enough, so I got in touch and said I would not have it any longer. After a painfully long battle of words, although I couldn't kill the contract completally you did agree to cut it by six months, which was nice, but still... here I am with the shitty little 'broadband' that is worse than fucking dial up.

So, my contract ends at the end of this month, and you are still trying to con me out of money. You will not tell me what I do now with the dongle, you will not provide me with information. This makes me angry.

So, this is not only a public letter to you fucking idiots at Vodafone who conned me out of alot of money over the past year and half, but also to those who may ever wish to buy one of these disgustingly terrible devices in the future.

Do not waste your time and do not fall for the shiny advertising. This is not broadband by any stretch of the imagination. This is not the best device for this kind of thing on the market. The customer service is poor, the device is poor and this whole ordeal has been poor.

I wish someone would have told me this prior to signing my life and wallet over to Vodafone.

You have been warned.

Oh, and Vodafone, please do not tell you are sorry for me wanting to leave... If you would have kept the promises and given me a service that was as good as I was thinking It would be, I would not be writing this today. You are a glorified version of the knock off perfume seller who sells smelly piss out of a fancy bottle on the local market store.

Thank you for your time, and fuck right off...

John

No comments:

Post a Comment